Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Exclusive Interview with Jenny Taft

I sat down with senior Jenny Taft ('10) to talk about the women's lacrosse team and her experience as a Division 1 athlete.

1.What has been your favorite moment so far as a member of the lacrosse team?
When we beat UNH last season in overtime for America East, it was such an exciting game. But every year getting to know new people on the team has been such a great time. I have had the opportunity to play with some many amazing girls throughout my last four year at BU, and I wouldn't change anything about that experience!


2.What is one thing about lacrosse that most people don't know?
I think it is important for people to realize that lacrosse is a fast moving sport and it is also high scoring. People often don't realize how fun lacrosse is to watch!


3. Did being the daughter of a professional athlete influence you towards playing sports competitively in any way?
My Dad never pushed my brother or I into sport, we both just really wanted to be athletes. My mom was a speed skater, so skating was always in the picture. I actually started as a figure skater, but eventually picked ice hockey. Either way, my dad would have supported me. It's great to have my Dad around to talk sports, at first he didn't know as much about lacrosse, but over break I have taught him how to play to help me practice!


4. Why lacrosse and not ice hockey or tennis (the other two sports she played in high school)?
I grew up playing ice hockey and I still love skating. I considered playing D1 hockey, but at the end of the day I knew that I wanted to go to a school where I loved the school first and then picked a sport. In Minnesota lacrosse was a new sport, and I wanted to prove that you could still be a good lacrosse player, even if you were from the midwest.


5. What made you choose BU over other Division 1 programs?
I knew that the COM school at BU was a perfect fit for me, and I am still so happy about my decision. I looked at other schools where I could have played hockey or lacrosse but the schools didn't offer the same education programs as BU. I knew I was taking a chance coming to BU and trying to walk on to the lacrosse team, but at the end of the day, it really worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment